ANALYTICS

Izea

Friday, June 24, 2011

Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas

                                                                                                                                          Misty
2 1/2 c. chopped cooked chicken
1-2 tsp. chipotle chili pepper (I used southwest seasoning.  I think you could substitute taco seasoning too.)
1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz carton dairy sour cream
1 4 oz. can diced green chile peppers, undrained
8 7-8 inch flour tortillas (I used 10)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. sliced green onion

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 3 qt rectangular baking dish; set aside.  In a medium bowl combine chicken and chipotle chili pepper; set aside.
For sauce, in a large bowl combine soup, sour cream, and undrained chile peppers.  Stir 1/2 c. of the sauce into chicken mixture.
Divide chicken mixture among tortillas.  Sprinkle with 1 1/2 c. of the cheese and the green onion.  Roll up tortillas.  Place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish.  Pour the remaining sauce over filled tortillas.
Bake, covered, about 35 min. or until heated through and edges are bubbly.  Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 c. cheese.  Bake, uncovered, about 5 min. more or until cheese is melted.
I did a search for a picture of Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas... and this is what I got. So, I didn't make this fancy dish, I just copied it.  I just like to have pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Izea