ANALYTICS

Izea

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Canning

I've been really bad at keeping the blog updated lately.  Crazy, busy Summer...  Anyways-  I just canned some Apple Butter and I can't wait to try it!  I got thinking there are so many different things I want to can this year, I don't know how I will ever get it all done. 
Then I thought, I guess I will have to pick and choose what I really want the most.  But then it occurred to me... I could do some kind of swap!
So if anyone out there is interested in swapping some of your canned goods please let me know.  It seems kinda retro, but I think it would be fun. 
Right now I have 2 bushels of apples and I'm trying to make things other than applesauce because I know we wouldn't eat that.  And as excited as I am about the apple butter and apple pie filling and cinnamon apple jelly... we don't really need THAT much apple.  So wouldn't it be great to swap a few jars of each for something that I wont be able to do?  Like potatoes, or pickles or beets.  Maybe I'm just way to sleep deprived right now and out of my mind.
Here's to hoping one of you will can something fun and swap with me!

2 comments:

  1. Since my garden died, I don't have anything to can...unless I can something of mom's. What do you want done? I'd be willing to help you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer! I totally want to start canning things but in this small appt I don't think so :)

    ReplyDelete

Izea