ANALYTICS

Izea

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baby Food

I'm sick of buying baby food. Especially when my baby girl only eats a few bites and decides she doesn't like it. It's expensive for what it is and it takes up a lot of room in the cupboard.
I've wanted to just make my own baby food for a while... so I did some researching online and this is what I found.


Crock Pot Methods:

--fresh or frozen fruit or vegetables
-- water
--Chicken, Turkey, Ham or Beef NOTE: The meats will take longer to cook than the fruits and veggies.

Wash your vegetables (and peel the skin if it needs to be). Cut into chunks. Put the chunks into your crockpot and cover with the least amount of water you can to fully cook them.

Make baby food on a day that you are home to watch the food. Each variety will cook differently.
You can use whatever size crock pot you've got, fruits and veggies should be fully cooked within 3 hours.
You could probably sneak in a sprinkle of cinnamon or brown sugar with some things...
When the veggies or fruit are quite tender, and the meat is fully cooked you're ready for the next step!
Use a blender, or a food processor to puree the food.
If you need to add a bit of water to make it thinner for your baby, do so in little drips.

Freeze in ice cube trays, then pop out and store in a freezer bag. Love this idea!

Links to recipes:

Baby food recipes for 6-9 months

Creamy apple and oat puree
Chicken and corn chowder
Sweet potato and squash puree
Beef, squash, and tomato puree
Peach, apple, and pear puree
Cauliflower, potato, and cheese puree
My first beef casserole
My favorite chicken puree
Potato and carrot mash with salmon
Superfoods puree

Remember, always consult with your pediatrician regarding introducing solid foods to your baby and specifically discuss any foods that may pose allergy risks for your baby.

Resources:

2 comments:

  1. Jamie just took what she had made & put it in the bullet. Jaxton ate it every time - even stuff like hamburgers & spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! I hate buying baby food! I will have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Izea