ANALYTICS

Izea

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lamb Chops

Every so often I am lucky enough to get meat from my parents.  Usually beef, sometimes fish, and once in a while lamb chops.  Of course it's always "home grown" ~well except for the fish, but those are caught fresh~ 

So my dad was nice enough to send home some lamb chops with me and also some awesome sausage that he makes.

I figured that the kids would probably turn their nose' up at the chops, seems as they are the pickiest eaters on the planet some days.

As it turns out... Jack (my 6yr old) is completely obsessed with lamb chops!  Who would have guessed?  I think he had like 5 and wanted more.  Then he wanted them for breakfast the next 3 days.  Now he wants them every night.  I made a small pack that he split with his sis, and then he complained that that wasn't enough.




How I cook them:

Wash the chops and trim off the fat

Soak them in milk for a little while (extra long if they are really "muttony"), this is a great tip with all game meat and sometimes even fish.

Rise again and pat dry.

Mix together some olive oil and spices
I like to use: Jamaican Jerk, salt and pepper a little Montreal steak seasoning and some extra garlic.

Dip the chops in the marinade and pop them in a preheated oven to bake at 350 until they are done.
This depends on how big they are, but you can kinda tell when the meat pulls back off the ends of the bone.  Or if you feel like grilling, do that.

Note: I copied these pictures from BING.  It's harder than you would think to get good pictures of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Izea