ANALYTICS

Izea

Friday, August 24, 2012

Boston Cream Poke Cake

 It's almost like an eclair.
aka "that disgusting dessert"- my husband sarcastically says.

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix (eggs, oil and water)
                 * If the recipe calls for 2 eggs, I always use 3.
                    * I use milk rather than water.
                    * And instead of oil I use my either yogurt, applesauce or my favorite: apple butter.

1 can of chocolate frosting
(2) small vanilla pudding mixes and milk

Bake the boxed cake mix in a well greased 9X13 dish,
     When it's down to about 10 minutes, make the pudding and let it sit aside.
When the cake is done poke holes about 1" apart using a wooden spoon or a straw-
not your finger, it's hot!

Let it cool for just a little bit, but while its still fairly hot spread the pudding on top.
Let it sit for about 5 minutes or so... I tried to pick up the dish and drop it from a few inches to get the pudding to sink down into the holes {careful!}.

Then put it in the fridge to set.
After about an hour you can take it out to "frost" it.

Remove the foil seal on the frosting and microwave it for about 20 seconds.
Stir it up and pour it over the cake, smoothing it out.

I had to eat it at this point, there was no way it was going back in the fridge.
ITS SO GOOD.

Then you can put it back in the fridge if you don't eat the whole thing.




Credit: Stop over at the country cook for more yummy poke cakes!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I love making poke cakes. They are so easy to make and always turn out super delicious! This one looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Izea