ANALYTICS

Izea

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cowboy Candy~ Jalapenos!

My mom's garden went berserk with peppers.  I got a ton of jalapenos from her.  So I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.  I tweaked it a little bit though.


Candied Jalapenos
1.5 lbs. fresh jalapeno peppers, washed
1 cups apple cider vinegar
3 cups white granulated sugar
1 T Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
5 cloves garlic sliced
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Wearing gloves, cut the stems from the jalapenos and discard. Slice into uniform discs and set aside.
In a large pot, bring the vinegar, sugar, Dijon, celery seed, garlic and cayenne to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the pepper slices and simmer for another 4 minutes.
Transfer the peppers to canning jars {use a slotted spoon} to within 1/4 inch of the rim.
Bring the heat back up to a boil and boil the "juice" hard for 6 minutes.
Pour the syrup into the jars, use a butter knife to release any trapped air.
Pour more syrup if you need to, ensuring that it’s full to 1/4″ of the rim.
Wipe the rims and place clean two-piece lids on the jars.

Keep Refrigerated

I'm actually not a huge jalapeno fan... so I've been trying to get my husband to test them out.
I can't figure out why he hasn't eaten them all yet.  I guess he's not in the mood.   They did smell yummy though & if he doesn't try them soon I will.


Look at those big chunks of garlic!!!

 
We got so "hot" we had to tie up our hair and the baby streaked!
Holy hot jalapenos!
{I wouldn't recommend letting your baby "help" here either}
 
We partied with:

2 comments:

  1. Dad will probably eat them all for you! Might want to mention that if they don't wear gloves and they burn their hands to soak them in milk not water. I vividly remember the time mom learned that lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassidy,
    Those Jalapeno's are Cowboy Candy, I will sure have to try your recipe. Loved your music, "Honey Bunny" and I have danced many miles to that little tune, great memories! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Izea