ANALYTICS

Izea

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Popcorn Birthday Cake


My sister sent me this email.  She made this cake for her husbands birthday.  I'm not sure where she found it, but it sounds like they liked it. 

Popcorn Birthday Cake

1 bag white chocolate chips
1/4 c shortening
1 1/2 c yellow cake mix (it's about 1/2 a cake mix so now I have to make it again or figure out what to do with 1/2 a cake mix)
6 c popped popcorn
1/4 c sprinkles

Melt chocolate chips slowly in microwave.  
Add shortening & stir until mostly melted.  The shortening makes the chocolate much thinner.  
Then add cake mix.  The cake mix thickens the mixture.  
Pour over popcorn & coat.  Add sprinkles & mix a little more.  
Cool.  We had to let it sit for about 20 minutes so that it wasn't so sticky to pick up and eat.
Thanks sister!

3 comments:

  1. I got it from Melissa's friend, Becky Low's, sister Suzie Low Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I've made a popcorn cake before, but it's a bit different from this recipe. I'll have to give your recipe a try. I'm a new follower!

    Mamamia from My Biscuits are Burning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by, thanks for following :)

      Delete

Izea