ANALYTICS

Izea

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Plumb Jelly

Since I haven't canned enough... sarcasm... a co-worker brought me some plumbs. 
I couldn't help myself.
I found a recipe for no peel and no pectin plumb jelly!  EASY.

I think I had about 2-3lbs of plumbs but I don't know for sure.

You just wash them and do a quick slice to pit them.
Depending on how many plumbs you have and how ripe they are... I added about 3/4 cup sugar
and let them sit for an hour.





After they've sat for an hour, just barely cover them with water
and put them on a medium to medium-high heat.

Let them come to a low boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir fairly often so they don't scorch on the bottom.
Then remove them from the heat and let them cool down to room temperature.

You do this 4-6 times, or until you're happy with the "thickness".
I actually ran a few cups through my bullet (like a blender) and pureed.
I'm not a fan of super chunky jam.

After your happy with the consistency of your jam
fill half pint jars {with lids and all}
I just heard Hagrids voice "words and all"
Then I processed in a hot water bath for about 5 minutes.

 Sorry this picture isn't all nice and pretty...
canning can be messy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Izea