ANALYTICS

Izea

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Warm Up

Can't wait for Thanksgiving?  I've been wanting a taste for a few weeks now.  I couldn't wait any longer.

This recipe is adapted from Sandra Lee semi-homemade {Thanksgiving in a Pot}.


Mix one box of cornbread stuffing with 1 cup chicken broth and 4 tablespoons butter.
Cover and microwave for 5 minutes and set aside.



 1 quart of french cut green beans and a very small onion
chopped up and tossed in the bottom of the crock pot.



     Original calls for frozen green beans and I think leeks.

The original recipe also calls for a large turkey breast and sweet potatoes.

Sprinkle your meat with salt and pepper and poultry seasonings.
I happened to have chicken thighs and nobody (besides me) likes sweet potatoes...
So we used chicken thighs and regular potatoes-  layered on top of the beans and onions.




Next mix up a can of cream of potato soup, 1/2 cup sherry or broth or white wine... and a turkey gravy mix. Pour it on top of meat and veggies- don't take a picture... doesn't look pretty.

Then hurry and put stuffing on top, so it will look better.

Cook on high for 4 hours and and enjoy when done.


I think this recipe would be really great for anyone who has to work on Thanksgiving or for a small crowd.  You could easily buy rolls at the store or make the refrigerated Pillsbury ones.

I thought it tasted really good and it was easy.  I didn't spend all day cooking so that was the best part.

Partied with Miz Helen

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe Thanksgiving is around the corner again. I love easy after Thanksgiving recipes. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Izea