ANALYTICS

Izea

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekly Breakfast Meal Plan

I thought I'd start small with the meal planing and work my way up.  I do it for our family all the time but it's a lot harder putting it together for a post with pictures.



I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I GOT FEATURED FOR MY 1ST TIME! 
Thanks Stone Gable!


Sunday- Fruited Crepes

My Grandma's "tried and true recipe" for the crepes with my own little spin on the filling (see below)

Crepes
1/3 tea spoon salt
1 1/2 cup flour
3 eggs
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 cup milk


Put all ingredients in blender and fry on both sides in a little splash of oil.
Tilt the pan to make them thin.


For dessert crepes add 2 tablespoons sugar.





Don't forget to tilt your pan a little bit.
This picture was my 1st one, so it was a test- make them bigger than mine.



Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz. cream cheese- softened
about 1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
3 drops of almond extract  (you could use orange or lemon if you prefer)

I divided my cream cheese in half and added in my fruit.
I did half with a can of peach pie filling {which was my favorite}
And I did half with several spoonfuls of homemade raspberry freezer jam.
You could easily use fresh fruit- I just didn't have any.  Really anything that sounds good to you would work.




Monday- Thin Bagel with Egg Whites and Salsa
          Take two egg whites (and if the thought makes you gag- add one yoke) scramble it up with a tablespoon of your favorite salsa and salt and pepper.  Pile it in-between a toasted skinny bagel.  If it's not a New Year's resolution to skinny up add some cheese to it too!

Tuesday- Yogurt   
          Any kind of store bought ~ or if you're real ambitious you can make your own in the crock pot. I     attempted this once and didn't like my results... but feel free to give it a try.  You might have better luck than me and not be so much of a yogurt snob.

Wednesday- Oatmeal 
          Again, store bought- but you can add a homemade touch to it buy adding fruit or maple syrup if you like that.  Or even mix it up with some yogurt.

Thursday- Pumpkin Muffins
          Yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin. No oil, no eggs, no water, nothing else. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Can use spice cake mix, carrot or chocolate-which I would recommend  because I'm not a huge pumpkin fan myself.








Friday- Toast with Honey
         Getting the easy theme?  Hope you can figure this out without instructions...

Saturday- Hash Browns with Mushrooms, Bacon & Eggs
Add a bit of butter to your hot skillet and let the hash browns do the fry thing, sprinkle salt & pepper.
Once they make it past the frozen state you can add your mushrooms and some more butter to saute.
We like potatoes O'Brian best.


As far as cooking bacon, I can't believe I'm about to explain it, but there are actually a few ways.

1- You can microwave it, but you have to be really carefully not to "nuke" it too long.  I do about 30 seconds a piece and if it needs longer I do it about 15 seconds at a time.

2- You can fry it on a skillet- duh

3- Or you can bake it.  Coat your bacon in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper and lay it out on a broil pan.
Bake it at 350* for 25 minutes {if my memory serves me correct}.  Depending on how you like it, it may need more or less time.





Linked to:
http://www.stonegableblog.com/2013/01/on-menu-monday-january-7-3013.html

http://www.couponingncooking.com/2013/01/mealtime-monday-recipe-link-party.html

http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2013/01/mix-it-up-monday.html

http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2013/01/09/hookin-up-with-hoh-130/

http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/2013/01/foodie-friends-friday-january-17th.html

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being featured! What a thrill, right? I just had to scroll down your blog to see what other goodies you posted and the recipe for crepes brought back memories. When I was first married, I bought a crepe pan and would make them for dinner. Mine were the savory crepes, filled with chicken, spices and cheese. Topped with a sauce and it was soooo good! Couldn't for the life of me remember the exact ingredients now as that is how long ago it was.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kadee, sorry I'm so slow replying... I'm not used to all this attention LOL.
      Thanks for stopping by. I will have to give those savory crepes a try.

      Delete
  2. Yummm crepes!!! :) Looks dee-lish.

    Megan
    http://www.themcbaileys.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crepes and cream cheese filling sound delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete

Izea