ANALYTICS

Izea

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Gettin' My Garden On

I've been reading a lot of articles on the web about gardening:
good-and-bad-companions-vegetables
The 10 best & easiest to grow herbs
Epsom_salts_and_sugar
how-to-root-a-sweet-potato   {I've already started mine.}
Growing Potatoes In Straw
got-weeds-use-vinegar-not-roundup
handling bare root trees 

I guess I'm just trying to come up with a "recipe" for a great garden!
We started saving egg shells to crush up and plant with tomatoes to give them a calcium boost.

I have Spring fever and I'm ready to be planting, except yesterday we had sunshine and  now today it's raining snowing... it's still to early for Northern Utah.

It's great fun growing a garden, but my favorite part is eating it.
Thinking of fresh herbs and planning for canning (and freezing).
There will be everything for my salsa recipe, so I can have fresh ingredients!  If you check out the index there are a few other canning recipes as well.

I've made a graph of how I'm going to plant everything.  I want to make sure I have room and don't forget anything.  I used a few different charts on "companion plants"- hoping it might help.

I might have to have one big garden, and then a few smaller raised beds/pots.

What do you do to prep for your garden?  What tips and tricks have you learned?

Linked To:
http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/03/full-plate-thursday-3-21-13.html
http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/2013/03/foodie-friends-friday-with-salvaged-home.html?showComment=1363962210082#c452625626338844701

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Foodie Friends! What a wonderful blog! So glad I stopped by today~new follower~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following, glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. Now is a great time to plan your garden. Stop by Mondays at Foodie Friends Friday'd sister site, Daily dish Magazine for my Garden Sense column. <a href="http://www.cindysrecipesandwritings.com>Cindy's Recipes and Writings</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassidy,
    I just love my garden and like you I surely do love the harvest. In gardening it is always best to have a plan to get more production from your space. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Izea