ANALYTICS

Izea

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

From the Garden Linky & Drinky Party




This Weeks Drink-
Homemade V8
Run these fresh veggies through a juicer;
Tomatoes, celery, carrots,  lemon, water chestnuts and salt.
Optional- add tabasco sauce and a few shakes of pepper.
Garnish with lemon wedge and celery stalk.
My hasband had the great idea of mixing one of Red's strawberry ale beers with the juice and it was supurisingly good!

And from the garden...
Beets on the grill.
Wash, peel and dice your beets.
Then pile them up on a sheet of tin foil along with s few pats of butter, garlic salt and pepper plus one or two ice cubes.
Then wrap up the foil packet (It's a good idea to double layer the foil.)
Then put it on a hot grill and turn every five minutes for about twenty minutes. 

P.S. the "drinky" thing is because:
1- I am addicted to Mt.Dew and I need to kick that habit. I hate buying it and I really don't like my kids to have pop either.
2- when you have 3 little kids you go through a lot of milk and at about the same price per gallon as gas, it ain't cheap.
So I'd love to find a variety of "healthier" drinks we can make ourselves at home.

Linked to:
Miz Helen's full plate Thursday

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cassidy,
    I found you through Miz Helen. Thank you for hosting. In keeping with your theme, I brought 2 zucchini recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, your zucchini recipes look great. My mom has a surplus of Zucchini right now so I will be sure to share with her. Come back next week- the theme will be cookies.

      Delete
  2. I'll bring cookies if I have any.. if I can hide/steal them from my husband that is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassidy,
    Wow, what a great party you have, I will sure try to make it next week. Your homemade V-8 looks awesome, I would just love it! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fun weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you made it over. I look forward to partying with you next week.

      Delete

Izea