ANALYTICS

Izea

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Linky & Drinky Party #3: Natural Remedies

Here's to staying healthy!
This week's linky party was inspired by being hit with my first cold of the season.  I hate going to to doctor and taking medications unless I'm desperate.  Especially right now, because I don't have insurance.

So I'm hoping you will share your "old tricks" when it comes to natural remedies.
*Please don't make me put in a disclaimer here about how non of us are doctors...duh.

You can link up anything you would like here.  Even if it's not related.   Please link to this post in your post.  Visit new friends and come back again next week.
I will pin each entry and announce the winner with the most views/ votes hopefully on Friday.  I'm trying to make a button for the winner, but it may not be ready this week.

When it comes to feeling better a few tricks I've learned are:
Rubbing Vick's vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and then putting on socks right before bedtime.
Cleaning your nose with hydrogen peroxide and then rubbing on some coconut oil for sore/dry nose is great.
Gargling warm salt water (do NOT drink).
Using natural oils and reflexology.

Using a humidifier or vaporizer.
Get plenty of rest.
Drink lots of fluids... which brings me to the "Drinky".

Drinky~
Sometimes the right drink can make all the difference in the world when you don't feel good.  My husbands grandma would make jello and severe it to them warm (although I'm pretty sure she would put in "something else").  If your kids are bad about taking medicine this is a good way to hide it.  I just added a little honey to help coat a sore throat.

Orange juice is great, or Sprite.  When you need something hot, chicken broth is nice.  I find that alternating between hot and cold helps too.

Shared With:

Fluster Buster
The Chicken Chick

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Izea