ANALYTICS

Izea

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Remodel Revisted

Are you ready for the after pictures?
Ta-Da!
I love some of the fun decorating details.  I'm not sure how to describe it... "saloon meets country farm"?
That sounds awful, but it kind of works for us.
It's hard to get good photo's but we've got old "bottles" above some of the cabinets.
This cupboard was actually recycled.  It was originally flooring from the house- made into a cupboard door!
It has a "rustic charm" to it.
Sometimes I wonder if I have brain damage, like when I think, "Let's put chicken wire on these cupboard doors."                                                                             As strange as it is, I like it.  See right down here?


I also have a nice new prep sink in my island.  It's close to the fridge (which is also new) and cutting board, so for me it's highly functional.

***
Any of you that follow my blog have noticed there's been a major lack of blogging going on this Summer.
The kitchen remodel was a large part of that.  And let's face it, Summer is just crazy busy.
Although there is more to that story...

I've been dealing with a lot of stress for a while now.  Mainly with working full time.
It all started about a year ago and it's been "festering".
I got to the point I was so miserable that I was taking the stress home with me.
Which was not pleasant for anyone.

After a lot of pondering... I decided to quit my job.
It was not an easy decision, because even though it was making me nuts- I've been there for the last four & a half years.  I take pride in my work and I've grown to care about a lot of people there.

I actually tried to quit twice, and they wouldn't let me.  I guess I should take that as a compliment.
After some more thinking and ridiculous ultimatums, it was made final.  I was really leaving.

So here I am taking this huge leap of faith.  Hoping that I can stay home and blog.
It's something that I've wanted to do for a couple of years now.  As strange as it may seem to some,
I feel really passionate about it.  Not so much just this little blog and the cooking, but the idea that I can do something I love and make money while still being home.  All of the marketing and advertising is interesting to me.  I know that it won't be easy, and that it's not going to happen overnight.

I am just thankful for an amazing husband who has supported me through this decision.  Hopefully he will have more great ideas up his sleeve- like his "red neck dessert".

Also thanks to my followers, I hope soon there will be lots more of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Izea