ANALYTICS

Izea

Monday, October 7, 2013

Cook with coupons

Now that' I'm staying home we've got to be a lot more frugal around here.
I've actually been when of those "coupon people" for a while.  I've gotten pretty good at it.
So I thought I'd share my successes and failures with coupon-ing.

Where to start...
There are a lot of ways to use coupons.
Everybody seems to adjust to what works best for them.

Things that work for me~
being organized
shopping the adds
meal planning
using a free website that does the hard work for you such as Grocery Smarts or pinching your penny
building your pantry/storage when things are on sale
or freezing food then "shopping from your starge"
double up your "winning" with store incentive programs- like Walgreen's register rewards
understanding store's coupon policies
subscribing to more than one paper- using multiple coupons (still only one coupon/item)




Things that don't work~
buying stuff (you're not going to use) just because it's on sale
or just using your coupons because you have them
letting your coupons expire
not reading your coupons- matching up the right products

A few things most people don't know about coupons:
The grocery stores make money off your coupons too.
If you donate what's left of your news paper others can benefit from it too, ask around.

Linked To:
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-55-with-two.html

2 comments:

  1. I Cassidy! I've been trying for I don't know how long to shop like people on tv with coupons, but I really can't seem to understand how they do it. Seems like they only find people are stores that triple or double the coupons even when they are more than .50!!! Most stores I shop only honor them to .50 It will be great if you can come up with a series in your blog to help regular folks like us and not massive couponers like the ones on tv. thank you so much for your insight. Have a beautiful week, Lizy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will work on that and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

      Delete

Izea