ANALYTICS

Izea

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Linky and Drinky #7 APPETIZERS FOR HOLIDAY PARTIES

Bruschetta
28 oz canned tomatoes*
1 1/2 tbs Olive Oil
6 tbs water
1/2 Italian Seasonings
1-2 cloves Garlic
1/4 tsp Garlic Pepper
1 tbs cider vinegar
Fresh Basil
Parmesan or Asiago cheese

Let simmer and reduce for about 1/2 an hour.

bruschetta photo 20131020_191724.jpg
* I think I may have had a light bulb turned on here.  If you don't believe me, try it out yourself.  Normally when a recipe calls for diced tomatoes I just buy them that way.  But after attending this cooking class I have changed my mind.  Try buying canned whole tomatoes and then either cut them up with scissors inside the can or squish them with your hands if you want to.  Either way, the whole tomatoes taste so much better than the diced ones.  I used to buy the store brand, but I've also been convinced that Hunts brand is the best.

Serve on CROSTINI
1 baguette sliced into 1/4" pieces
olive oil
good salt
 Brush both sides of bread and season lightly.  Bake about 10-12 minutes.

Drinky~ Apple Juice and Sprite (aka zombie juice)

Please come linky with me!  Add anything family friendly you'd like to share.  Link back to me in your original post and be sure to visit other linkers  :)  Feel free to share or invite others to link up too.  I would especially love for you to link up APPETIZERS FOR HOLIDAY PARTIES if possible, but anything goes. 

Last weeks winner was spiked-monster-halloween-cocktail
Thanks for linking up Liz!




Linked To:
Fluster Buster

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cassidy! Thanks for the invitation to the party! I just linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up. Sorry I'm so slow replying, hope you'll come back again :)

      Delete
  2. Cassidy Thank you so much for the feature! So sweet of you and your readers! Do you have a button I can put on my blog's featured page? Let me know have a great week, Lizy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lizy, sorry I don't have a button. I've been meaning to make one for weeks now (slacker). I will try and get one finished so you can brag ;) Thanks for linking up and I love your awesome pictures.

      Delete

Izea