ANALYTICS

Izea

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Linky & Drinky #4

I was feeling "Fall vibes" yesterday. So we made homemade root beer. It's kind of become a tradition for us to do that this time of year.  Our friends got us started several years ago so my oldest was mad at me for doing it without them.  Shame on me!  We will have to make another batch with them I guess.

...Dry Ice...
enough said

 For me, it's worth making just to see the looks on their cute faces.
They yummy root beer is just a bonus.
It's kinda magical for the kids.
They LOVE it.

To make the root beer you basically need: water, sugar, dry ice and root beer extract.
Depending on the brand of extract you buy the ingredients may vary a little.  There is a recipe with the exact amounts on the bottle.  
 The only tricky part to this, is having a big enough container to make it in.  We like to make a big batch and then save the left over in recycled milk jugs.  You could share the leftovers with friends, or if you wanted to be a greedy butt you could probably even freeze it. 

 I also made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies... and we had apples dipped in caramel. We drug out the Halloween decorations from storage and my two year old tried on every costume we had.













Easiest cookies ever= package of spice cake mix + small can of pumpkin pie + chocolate chips= yummy.
Bake at 375* for about 9 minutes.  They are like fluffy little clouds of deliciousness.

And as if we didn't have enough treats, I bought two bags of candy while I was grocery shopping.

I'd love to have anyone link up with anything (family friendly that is) this week.
Last week was a bummer with only one link up.  So this week I'm leaving it open with no theme- share whatever you'd like!  I'm also going to leave the party open until next week.  Invite your friends to come link up with us.




 Linked To:
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/10/strut-your-stuff-saturday-link-party-week-117

Fluster Buster
The Chicken Chick

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite to your new party! I am putting your button on my sidebar and adding your party to my linky list! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate you putting my button on your sidebar- thank you :) I cant wait to see what you link up next week.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cassidy! This is so cool, I've been wanting do do something with dry ice this year for my 5yo but I'm terrified of him getting to close to it and try to touch it...the kid just won't listen, LOL I didn't know you were hosting a party, I'll make sure to come back and link up a few desserts I'm sure will get your kids going EEEKKK for Holloween! Thank you so much for linking their sweet excited faces at the Fluster Buster party, Lizy your party co host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizy, Thanks for stopping by. I know what you mean about the kids not listening lol :) We haven't had a problem with this one yet, so you're probably safe. See ya soon.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Cassidy for hosting such a great link party!

    Raven J. True Blue Baking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hope you can make it back again next week.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Cassidy, Thank you for visiting me at Soup Spice Everything Nice. And for the invite to your Linky & Drinky. I have fond memories of dry ice one Halloween. It filled the carport with smoke. So much fun. Your children are very lucky to have you for there Mom. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Izea